Dear Parents/Guardians of Deer Park Jr./Sr. High School Students,
I hope you and your family have had a great summer!! It is hard to believe it is almost over, but I have to tell you Mrs. Brown and I are so excited to be a part of the Deer Park Family and we are looking forward to getting the school year started.
As you know, we have an incredible staff of teachers and support personnel dedicated to building our H3 Culture (Help Others, Help Your School, Help Yourself) here at Deer Park Jr./Sr. High School, and our staff is working hard to create opportunities for each student’s success this year. This email includes a lot of important information as you prepare for the 2022-2023 school year. Please take a moment and share this information with your student as well:
7th Grade Parent/Student Open House and Jr./Sr. High School Open House
Deer Park Jr./Sr. High School will host a pair of Open House events for students. The first will be exclusively for students entering the 7th grade, and will take place on Thursday, August 11 from 5-6:30 p.m. at Crawford Auditorium. 7th grade parents - please be looking for more information to come on this event.
Open House for all students will take place immediately following the Back to School Bash on Friday, August 12 from 12:30 - 3:00 p.m.
This will give students and parents an opportunity to meet teachers, find their classrooms and try out lockers. Student schedules will be available when you come into the building. We will also have computer stations set up during Open House for you to complete Final Forms and Schoology parent registration, and parents can also pay fees at this time.
Please click here for Jr/Sr High Lunch and Bell Schedules
A couple of things to keep in mind regarding the daily schedule:
- The school day will be 8:10 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Doors will open at 7:30 a.m (this is a change from last year) for those students wishing to purchase breakfast or enter the building.
- All students arriving prior to 8:00 a.m. will report to the cafeteria until the bell rings, releasing them to their lockers and class.
Dress Code Reminders
Dressing appropriately for school is important to the overall success of a student. Please review the student handbook for specific dress code information. The student handbook is available on FinalForms.
Cell Phone Policy
This year Jr & Sr High students will be expected to turn their cell phones off when the bell rings to go to class first thing in the morning and keep them off until the end of the day. This is a change from last year. Because all students are issued a Chromebook at the beginning of the school year there is not a need for students to access their cell phones during the school day for academic purposes. If students need to connect with you during the school day, they are welcome to use the phone in the front office to call you.
Junior High classroom supply lists are available on the Deer Park Jr./Sr. High School website. At the high school level, specific school supplies are driven by the courses taken. In other words, teachers will provide information about what you need for their class on the first day of school. All students should plan to bring a notebook and something to write with on the first day.
Schoology and FinalForms
Please be sure your FinalForms are updated prior to your child starting school, as mentioned above, before receiving his/her Chromebook. Please check your previously entered information for accuracy. You may click here to access the forms and get started.
Secondly, as a reminder, teachers use Schoology to keep grades and assignments up to date. Schoology’s platform offers a tremendous amount of information in a user-friendly version. You will be able to communicate with your child’s teachers and check homework and grades through Schoology. If you need your Schoology login information, please contact the main office at 513-891-0010.
Back to School Bash
We’re starting the school year off right with FOOD, FUN, and FRIENDS! Come join the Us and the Amity staff at Deer Park Jr./Sr. High School for the Back-to-School Bash on Friday August 12th 11am - 12:30 pm
Once again, community volunteers will be grilling up hot dogs, hamburgers, and brats! For $2, you will get a ticket for one grill item, one bag of chips, and a cold drink! Afterwards, enjoy a tasty treat from Kona Ice! This is a cash only event.
There are multiple ways to stay connected to Deer Park Jr./Sr. High School. Please see the attached flyer for ways to stay connected through Email, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Text Messages.
- E-Mail: Newsletter: All parents who have completed FinalForms should receive Deer Park Jr./Sr. High School Weekly Newsletters. If you are not currently receiving them, please register for the e-mail communication. To register, simply go to www.deerparkcityschools.org and click on the button on the bottom of the page that says “Subscribe to District News”. From there, you will send an email requesting that you be added to future email communication from the district.
- Twitter: Follow Deer Park Jr./Sr. High School for the most up-to-date news and happenings! @DeerParkHS, @DeerParkSchools, @dpcounselor, and @DP_Athletics
- Instagram: Follow @deerparkhs for photos featuring students, teachers and staff!
- Facebook: Follow us at Deer Park Community City Schools and Deer Park Jr/Sr High School.
Upcoming Important Dates
- August 11 - 7th Grade Parent/Student Open House | 5-6:30 PM
- August 12 - Back to School Bash - Jr./Sr. High School | 11 AM-12:30 PM
- August 12 - Jr./Sr. High School Open House | 12:30-3 PM
- August 16 - First Day for Students
Please feel free to contact our Office Mon-Friday from 8:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. with any questions you may have. Looking forward to a great school year and GO CATS!
John Vander Meer
Principal, Deer Park Jr./Sr. High School